Featured post

Question to council: William Marshal

Richard Stainthorp to ask the Lead Councillor for Culture Heritage and Recreation: William Marshal As I am sure the Lead Councillor is awar...

6 Jan 2011

2010 finished, welcome 2011!

Another Christmas over.  The tree is down, we've all had a cold, I've had flu and the bin is overflowing. 

2010 was a funny old year.  It seemed quite straight-forward, I won my election in May, had a lovely family holiday in June then my youngest arrived 2 months early in July.  Thanks to the excellent staff at the Royal Berkshire Hospital he is a healthy little chap but it does rather knock you for six.  The staff in Maternity and Buscot Special Care Baby Unit could not be faulted and we should be proud of our NHS and should do anything we can to protect it.

2011 will be less complicated.  My fellow councillor and Dad is standing for  re-election is in May and I have every confidence he will be re-elected as he works very hard for the residents of Battle Ward - the ward he was born in!  He has an excellent website here.

What will happened through-out Reading?  Who knows.  Many Lib Dem votes I know feel betrayed and are adamant they will not vote Lib Dem again but who will they vote for?


So 2011 will be less complicated but certainly not dull!

No comments:

Post a Comment