Featured post

Question to council: William Marshal

Richard Stainthorp to ask the Lead Councillor for Culture Heritage and Recreation: William Marshal As I am sure the Lead Councillor is awar...

23 May 2012

'Mayor Making' tonight - the Council's AGM

Today was the first full Council meeting since the local elections and it the Council's AGM.

The new Mayor and Deputy Mayor are elected - this year Cllr Jenny Rynn was elected Mayor and Cllr Deborah Edwards Deputy Mayor.  It was nice ceremony with speeches from the outgoing Mayor and Deputy Mayor and for the new Mayor and Deputy Mayor. 

This is my 5th Mayor Making as I attended my Dad, Cllr Chris Maskell, becoming Deputy Mayor and Mayor before I was elected as a councillor.  This will be my 3rd as a councillor.

Membership of committees, forums and groups were also formalised along with lead councillor appointments.  This year I am:

Labour Group Chair
Art Forum Chair
Deputy lead cllr for Culture & Sport
Transport Management Advisory Panel (TMAP)
Internal Overview & Scrutiny Commission (IOSC)

No comments:

Post a Comment