Featured post

Question to council: William Marshal

Richard Stainthorp to ask the Lead Councillor for Culture Heritage and Recreation: William Marshal As I am sure the Lead Councillor is awar...

27 Jun 2012

See you at the Oxford Road Community Fun Day!

It's the Oxford Road Community Fun Day on Saturday, 12-4 at Kensington Park.  I have been for the last few years (though I was on my holidays last year) and have always enjoyed it but this year will be different.



Battle Councillors Chris Maskell, Gul Khan and I are always trying to think of new and different ways to meet the residents of Battle Ward.  It was during a Zumba class that I decided we should look into having a stall at the Oxford Road Fun Day.  The other Councillors agreed it was a good idea.

So, we will have a stall on Saturday - a red gazebo in fact.  We will be there just to chat, for an informal surgery if you would like to discuss any local issues (we will have our usual surgery on 7 July at Battle Library) and we will be joined by Cllr Jan Gavin who will be selling some of the postcards and craft items she makes.

Some of my vegetable plants will also be for sale, but by Gloucester Road Playgroup where I am a committee member.  They are hoping to raise some money with my courgettes, squash, sunflowers and tomatoes so please go and see them.

The weather forecast looks good so it should be a great afternoon.

Click here to go to the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment