Featured post

Question to council: William Marshal

Richard Stainthorp to ask the Lead Councillor for Culture Heritage and Recreation: William Marshal As I am sure the Lead Councillor is awar...

6 Jun 2013

Teeyan Exhibition: a morning of dance and colour!

I was delighted when a local resident invited me to the opening of the Teeyan exhibition at the Indian Community Centre.  Teeyan in a traditional Punjabi festival for women.  I was also joined by Cllr Chris Maskell, Mayor Marian Livingston & our parliamentary candidate Victoria Groulef.

The exhibition runs at the Indian Community Centre until 18 June:
Click on the picture for a larger image.

The event started off with dance which was performed with great skill as the dancers were balancing pots on their heads!  I was pleased as punch to be invited up to have a dance.  I had no idea what I was doing but it was lovely to join in.  Here are a few pictures from the event:












No comments:

Post a Comment